Pull-out shelving - all-rounder in warehouse logistics
Do you store heavy goods with weights up to the ton range? Do these goods have to be used often and therefore easily accessible and quickly retrievable? Should the storage space be used optimally and in a space-saving manner? And above all, should storage and retrieval be carried out by a single person and be safe? Then heavy-duty pull-out shelving like the systems from storemaster® indispensable inventories of your warehouse.
What are the advantages of pull-out shelving?
- Pull-out shelving units require little space. They can be built up to a great height and thus make optimum use of the space.
- The construction is solid and robust, making it suitable for storing the heaviest goods with high compartment loads.
- The shelves or drawers are easy to pull out thanks to ball bearings.
- Pull-out shelves can be operated by one person by hand, with a crane or hoists. This saves traffic space for driving and manoeuvring with forklift trucks (storage in confined spaces).
- A pull-out stop or locking device prevents the shelves from being pulled out too far and more than just the required shelf from being pulled out. This increases safety at work. Unintentionally extending shelves or shelves can lead to injuries for the operating personnel, such as warehouse workers.
What are pull-out shelves used for?
Typically, heavy-duty pull-out shelving is used where particularly valuable goods need to be stored safely and used frequently. Examples of such heavy goods are
- Machine parts,
- Pallet goods,
- Injection moulds or
- Tools or implements such as punching tools.
Pull-out shelving makes it easier to store the aforementioned goods, especially if they have to be used and stored again frequently. In a pull-out shelf, you can individually determine the contents of your shelf with pull-out function. The pull-out shelves make the stored goods easily accessible. Pull-out shelving can be implemented in a wide range of shelving heights and can support bay loads or high load capacities of up to several thousand kilograms or several tonnes.
Therefore, they require a solid base. Floor unevenness can be compensated for with appropriate accessories. Typical areas of use are warehouses in industry and the manufacturing sector. The shelving system is ideal for the demands of these variants. However, they are also frequently used in the specialised trade.